Precautions to take before and after the Abdominoplasty
Precautions are necessary to take in any surgery. Tummy tuck is not an exception either so you need to initiate certain precautionary steps to avoid risks and complications.
Abdominoplasty is an ideal method to get rid of excess abdominal fat and loose skin. You should keep in mind the precautions to take before and after the abdominoplasty procedure for the best outcome and safe recovery.
Precautions to take before the abdominoplasty Surgery
Do a proper research about the surgeon and clinic. The surgeon needs to be qualified and experienced enough to handle the surgical procedure properly. Eat a balance food diet regularly before the surgery to have a good physical condition. Do medications or yoga to have peace mind. Stop smoking, drinking or consuming any drug at least a few weeks before the surgery to avoid risk factor
Precautions to take after the abdominoplasty Surgery
Maintain a balanced diet and follow the doctor’s instructions for quick healing or recovery. Take plenty of rest after the surgery because the surgery needs time to heal properly. Do medications or yoga to have a healthy body and peace mind. Add more raw fruits items in your daily diet to have a healthy body.
Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking because it can harm your body and cause problems in the healing process. If you have any problem after the surgery, immediately visit or call the doctor.
You can read this article : Abdominoplasty safety tips Doctor choice?
Things you should NOT do after surgery
- Clean your house.
- Lift your kids or pets.
- Drive – the first week for sure
- Weigh or measure yourself
- Try on your clothes that you think will fit
- Grocery shopping – pushing the cart and lifting the bags is harder than you think
- Other than walking – no exercise
- Eat processed and packaged foods. The sodium will make you swell up like the Blueberry girl in Willy Wonka. Watch your sodium intake at all times.
- Drink soda. You do not want to put anything in your body that will cause gas and bloating.
Things you should do after surgery
- Take your pain meds as prescribed. Stay on top of the dose and take on time. For the first three days make sure you take them around the clock to stay ahead of the pain. Don’t wait until you are past the point of no return and rolling around in the bed in agony. Don’t be a hero!
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Let people take care of you.
- Massage your tummy gently. It helps circulation and feels good.
- Stay positive because this all will pass.
- Get outside and enjoy some sunshine. It will really help lift your spirits.
- Log onto RealSelf.com to chat with your friends. All of us on here know how you are feeling so will help cheer you up if you need it.
- Keep your eye on the prize and know there is an end to the healing process.
- Be proud of yourself for taking this step to improve your life and body.
- Be patient with the healing process. It is a long haul I know but you can do it. You will have good days and bad but it will all be worth it in the end. If you do get sad and depressed know that it is all part of the healing process. You are not crazy.
- Trust your instincts with your body. If something doesn’t feel right call your doctor right away. It never hurts to get it checked out. That is why they are there! I am sure they have heard and seen it all. I am pretty sure my doctor thinks I am a total nut! But a harmless one at that…